Builders Care Mission
Want to Make a Difference?
Builders Care is a faith based nonprofit construction contractor whose mission is to provide affordable to no cost construction services to the elderly, disabled, veterans and other nonprofits in Northeast Florida with the kindred purpose of building a better habitat for all. We combine purchased and donated material with volunteer and professional labor to provide cost effective construction to those in need.
For many, Builders Care is their last hope to maintain a quality of life at home. Builders Care specializes in building ramps to make homes handicapped-accessible and providing assistance in emergency home repairs.
Since 2001, Builders Care has helped hundreds of people in Northeast Florida in need of critical home repairs. For many low-income residents, owning a home can become a burden when there are no funds to repair or maintain their property. The goal of Builders Care is to provide quality home reconstruction to those who are unable to afford it otherwise.
The work of Builders Care began in 2001, but our community is still facing an enormous need. There are an estimated 45,000 substandard homes in Northeast Florida in desperate need of repair. Many of these homeowners are elderly or disabled. Typically, their only source of income is social security. This money barely covers the cost of food and medicine with no money left over for necessary home maintenance or repairs. Typically, these people sit in silence out of fear they will be forced out of their homes or face fines from municipal authorities. The work that Builders Care does allows them to safely remain in their homes.
All residents of Northeast Florida deserve to live in dignity; you can personally help your neighbors by volunteering with Builders Care or through in-kind and financial donations.
Care Through Collaboration: The facts about Builders Care
- Founded by the Northeast Florida Builders Association (NEFBA) on October 1, 2001, Builders Care has repaired over 1000 houses and provided $6.5+ million dollars of fair market value construction at no charge to Jacksonville’s neediest families.
- As of December 2023, Builders Care has had over 15,000 volunteers, many of which come back to help with more projects.
- Builders Care functions as a construction company as well as a charity. We are able to leverage our resources and provide quality construction services for those who cannot afford to contract work.
- Builders Care is the charitable arm of NEFBA, which consists of over 1,100 construction trade members representing more than 50,000 employees. Many of them serve on the Board of Directors for Builders Care and are our most supportive tradesmen when we need supplies or professional insight on our projects.
- Builders Care coordinates with various organizations to help Jacksonville residents in need. Organizations include: Hart Felt Ministries, City Council members, Disabled Services, Legal Aid, Urban Jacksonville, Independent Living Resource Center, City Code Enforcement, Social Services, and United Way.